1. No refunds will be given for any reason. The market will open regardless of the weather unless the CIty of La Vernia closes the Park. If the Market is canceled you can use your payment towards another Market of your choice within 6 months. Any Market cancellation will be posted on the front page of this website.
2. All fees must be paid prior to setting up at the market.
3. Weighted canopies are required with at least 30 lbs. on each corner. The vendor is responsible for the safe set up, take down, and management of their booth area. Injuries due to negligence are not the liability of the market. The vendor is responsible for bringing their own canopy, tables, and other equipment. Vendors CAN NOT put stakes or tent pegs of any kind into the ground.
4. The market, and anyone associated with the market or the property that the market is being held, are not to be held liable for any destruction, loss, or theft pertaining to the vendor’s business, property, possessions, products, or vehicles. Vendors are responsible for their own insurance to cover their businesses and possessions.
5. Vendors are responsible for their own insurance to cover any harm their product or service may cause to a customer or anyone else. The market, and anyone associated with the market or the property that the market is being held, are not to be held liable for any harm you, your products, or your services cause to any person.
6. Each vendor must obtain any permits or licenses required by the county or state regulations and they must be up to date during the time of participation in the market.
7. Trash receptacles will be provided. Vendors must clean up their own trash and dispose of it properly. It is the responsibility of everyone participating in the market to keep the market area clean!
8. Vendors are expected to behave respectfully and professionally at all times during our Market Days events. Disrespectful behavior will result in the vendor being asked to leave and possibly barred from future participation.
9. Vendors must have everything set up and ready to sell by 15 minutes BEFORE the market opens. Vendors will not be allowed to bring or have a vehicle in the market setup area 30 before the market opens. Vendors will be able to drive into the market area (staying on the road) long enough to unload (roughly 40 mins), then will park in the designated parking area. The market manager will usually arrive 2 hour before opening time.
10. Booths will be assigned on a first come basis, with exceptions to pre-assigned spaces.
11. Vendors are required to stay for the ENTIRETY of the market’s open hours, even if they sell out of product. This is for the safety of the entire market. Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for emergencies ONLY. The park gate wil be locked at 8:45 a.m. and will not be unlocked untill 2:00 p.m. Please watch for kids and other people in the park as you drive in to get your items.
12. No profanity is allowed to be displayed in or around your booth. No display is allowed of any items that represent drugs, tobacco, or any type of intoxicating beverage. We reserve the right to ask you to take down or remove anything we find offensive.
13. No alcohol is allowed. This includes advertising alcohol or displaying alcohol. This is a family event and we have the right to ask you to leave if this cannot be followed.
14. Each vendor’s setup is subject to inspection by the market’s representative at any time to ensure that it adheres to the guidelines set in this agreement.
15. All products must be approved by the market manager prior to being offered for sale.
16. Pets are welcome. Leashes will be required.
17. Sales Tax permits MUST be displayed at all times in your booth area.
18. Before you submit this application, please attach copies of any permits you are required to have (shuch as food permit if you are selling food), no-profit status if nonprofit, and Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit.. All of this can be done by using the "Attach Copy -Sales Tax Permit" Button on this application.
Use the "Pay Now" button to pay. Enter the correct amount. Please note the date of the Market that you are paying for. Thank you for supporting the La Vernia Market Days as we use this money to help others.
Your check can be made out to "The La Vernia Market Days" and must be received before the day of the Market that you are attending. You can mail checks to this address:
La Vernia Market Days
13654 US Hwy 87 West
La Vernia, TX 78121
If you use Venmo, PayPal, or check please make a note of your Business and the date of the market you are attending.
Extra $20.00 If you would like for us to provide a 10x10 canopy with weights that we will put up and take down for you. (On some Markets we will rent the pavilion at the park and you may be under it for this price.) A table can be provided for an extra $10.00 and a chair for $5.00
Extra $15 if you need a 2nd spot for yourself attached to your first spot.
Once we receive your application and your space is paid for, your spot will be held. Direct Sales are accepted on a first come first serve basis. We are always looking for more vendors including food and non-profit organizations!
Most vendors will need a tax permit. If you need more information on whether or not you need one, please contact the Texas Comptrollers office at 1-800-252-5555 or visit their website to apply for a permit https://comptroller.texas.gov/ OR contact us for more information on other options we offer. Please email us if you have additional questions. And visit us on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/thelaverniamarketdays/
Yes for all taxable items, because if you do not have one the Event Promoter then becomes responsible for your sales Tax.
This info comes from https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/publications/96-211.php
FAIRS, FESTIVALS, MARKETS AND SHOWS
If you sell taxable items at a fair, festival, antique market, trade show, arts and crafts show, gun show or other type of market or show, you may be responsible for collecting and remitting Texas sales and use tax.
Sales Tax Responsibilities Sellers and Event Promoters
A "seller" is a retailer, wholesaler, distributor, manufacturer or other person who sells, or transfers ownership of taxable items or performs taxable services...
Sellers at these events, including sellers from outside Texas participating at these events, are engaged in business in Texas and must have a Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit if they sell taxable items or services; take orders for taxable items or services; or use the event to promote selling taxable items or services.
Event promoters (organizers) are sellers, too. They must collect and remit the sales tax on their sales, as well as sales made by individuals, dealers or salespersons at these events who do not have an active Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit and whose sales do not qualify for tax exemption. Examples of sales that qualify for tax exemption include sales made by sellers under a tax-free sale by certain nonprofit organizations;